"A Revived Church is the is the only Hope for a Dying World" -- Andrew Murray
Fox Hill Central United Methodist Church, located in the heart of the Fox Hill section of Hampton, was founded in 1899. We celebrated our 100th Anniversary, with a lovely program and celebration, in 1999. It was a momentous occasion with not one empty seat!
The original building was a one-room, frame church auditorium. Another building was eventually constructed which is still part of the current church (see photo below). That area today sustains our fellowship hall, staff offices, adult classrooms and "Bread of Life" storage. The last addition included our current sanctuary, youth classrooms, and other rooms utilized for various activities. In 2015, our sanctuary was beautifully renovated.
The Reverend James O. Moss was the first pastor. Since that time, we have had thirty-six pastors appointed to our church, the most recent being the Reverend Eric J. Vaudt.
Times change, buildings change, pastors come and go, but the one constant is God's love and our belief in that love and the divine Holy Spirit.